“The Wealth of Freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Nordic Lands
The Capitalist Republic of Saiwania is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Queen Helia with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.247 billion Saiwanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saiwana. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
The number of children one can have is restricted by law, birth rates have hit an all-time low, students abandon classrooms for online education, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saiwania's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the Saiwan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 minutes ago
- 77 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- 2 days ago: Saiwania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Saiwania was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, the number of children one can have is restricted by law.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Saiwania endorsed The Republic of Angermanlandius.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Saiwania was endorsed by The Republic of Angermanlandius.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, Saiwana spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Majland, Amouraland, Hazelya, Ogglyania, Berk Island, Scanorama, Aboveland, Caspersland, Gavania, Opirus, Titaniumland, Copenhagen Metropolis, Norrariken, Bedino, Dimaland, Chiselstrait, Vulkanas, Ziltoidia Greys, Newer Austria, Larsovania, Trez-Nem, Linnea, and Angermanlandius.