“The Wealth of Freedom”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Nordic Lands
The Capitalist Republic of Saiwania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Helia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 14.357 billion Saiwanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saiwana. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Saiwanian economy, worth a remarkable 5,604 trillion Saiwans a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 390,343 Saiwans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Hanging Gardens account for half of Saiwana's water use, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Imperial Eagledogs' dominate wildlife preserves, and new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Saiwania's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen.
- 17 hours ago: Saiwania was endorsed by The Republic of The Former Municipality of Ringerike.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Imperial Eagledogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Saiwania endorsed The Empire of Superius.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Saiwania was endorsed by The Empire of Superius.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12.
- 6 days ago: Saiwania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Saiwana's water use.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations.
- 9 days ago: Saiwania was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 18 » Hazelya, Scanorama, Aboveland, Caspersland, Titaniumland, Copenhagen Metropolis, Chiselstrait, Vulkanas, Ziltoidia Greys, Newer Austria, Larsovania, Trez-Nem, Linnea, Norrariken, Norsvea, Free Tristania, Superius, and The Former Municipality of Ringerike.