The Capitalist Republic of Saiwania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Helia with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 14.714 billion Saiwanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saiwana. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Saiwanian economy, worth a remarkable 5,689 trillion Saiwans a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 386,639 Saiwans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, tantrum-throwing toddlers are regularly imprisoned on assault charges, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Saiwania's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 73 minutes ago
- 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Saiwania was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Saiwania was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, tantrum-throwing toddlers are regularly imprisoned on assault charges.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, the most common psychiatric diagnosis is to 'stop whining and grow up'.
- 5 days ago: Saiwania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Saiwania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Saiwania, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Hazelya, Scanorama, Aboveland, Caspersland, Titaniumland, Copenhagen Metropolis, Chiselstrait, Vulkanas, Ziltoidia Greys, Newer Austria, Larsovania, Trez-Nem, Linnea, Norrariken, Norsvea, Free Tristania, The Former Municipality of Ringerike, Ventelia, Norsvik, and Asterdel.