The Right-Libertarian State of Saint Nova is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Blake Stone with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.096 billion Saint Novans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment and Education aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quinbecca. The average income tax rate is 11.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Saint Novan economy, worth 153 trillion New Trotskies a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 73,142 New Trotskies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation leads Balder in per capita stalking, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace, army rations are served on silver platters, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Saint Nova's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Pentecostalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saint Nova was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Saint Nova's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Saint Nova's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Saint Nova's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Saint Nova's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Saint Nova was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate, Most Avoided, Fattest Citizens, Largest Insurance Industry, and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Saint Nova was refounded in Balder.
- : Saint Nova ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Nova, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Nova, army rations are served on silver platters.