The Homotopian Republic of Saint-Sebastian is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rosko Alaska with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.249 billion Saints have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stonewall. The average income tax rate is 92.8%.
The large but stagnant Saintly economy, worth 428 trillion Pink Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,918 Pink Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Women are seen and not heard, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saint-Sebastian's national animal is the catamount, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations.
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- : Saint-Sebastian was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, women are seen and not heard.
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Saint-Sebastian lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Rosko Alaska's bedroom.
- : Saint-Sebastian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Sebastian, concussed catamountball players cannot remember their lineup position.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Mattrolanka, Fennijer, Iizaarland, Closeted Cases, Marsaries, Emory, Celdonie, Duodez, Lilfella, Roulantina, Otis-T, Alfoldia, LeMoyne, Discoveria, Urdustan, Vardria, New Angleterre, Ki Baratan, Mashedpotatoia, BearNation, Pink Fluffia, Catanthia, and Sushami.