The Homotopian Republic of Saint-Sebastian is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rosko Alaska with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, free-roaming dinosaurs, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.763 billion Saints enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stonewall. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but sluggish Saintly economy, worth 617 trillion Pink Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is 57,328 Pink Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Rosko Alaska's mistress is the belle at many state balls, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, movie references are legally admissible in court, and city-dwellers are forcibly moved to farming communes in the countryside. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Saint-Sebastian's national animal is the catamount, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saint-Sebastian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Saint-Sebastian resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Saint-Sebastian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Saint-Sebastian was endorsed by The Hedonistic Commonwealth of Trevor Philips Enterprise.
- : Saint-Sebastian was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- : Saint-Sebastian was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Tyrrenian Kingdom.
- : Saint-Sebastian's influence in Gay fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Saint-Sebastian's influence in Gay rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Saint-Sebastian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Saint-Sebastian was endorsed by The Republic of Canaetra.