“Justice for all!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Iron League
The Ravanian Sword of Justice of Saint-Paul is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Saint-Paul with an iron fist, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.422 billion Saint-Paulians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint-Paul-in-the-field. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and all-natural foods are becoming a major fad. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saint-Paul's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Circle of the Raven, and its currency is the Talent.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 5 hours ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 7 days ago: Saint-Paul was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- 13 days ago: Saint-Paul's influence in The Iron League rose from "Minnow" to "Eminence Grise".
- 13 days ago: Saint-Paul lost WA Delegate status in Sacred Camel.
- 14 days ago: Saint-Paul applied to join the World Assembly.
- 14 days ago: Saint-Paul relocated from Sacred Camel to The Iron League.