The Ravanian Sword of Justice of Saint-Paul is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Saint-Paul with an iron fist, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, parental licensing program, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.626 billion Saint-Paulians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint-Paul-in-the-field. The average income tax rate is 71.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Saint-Paulian economy, worth 808 trillion Talents a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 93,710 Talents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, and disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saint-Paul's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Circle of the Raven.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saint-Paul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Saint-Paul was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Saint-Paul's influence in The Iron League fell from "Dominator" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Saint-Paul's influence in The Iron League rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Saint-Paul lost WA Delegate status in Oceanic.
- : Saint-Paul applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Saint-Paul relocated from Oceanic to The Iron League.