“Justice for all!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Iron League
The Ravanian Sword of Justice of Saint-Paul is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Saint-Paul with an iron fist, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.264 billion, 769 million of whom are zombies, Saint-Paulians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint-Paul-in-the-field. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Organ donation is compulsory, Saint-Paul is worshipped as a god, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saint-Paul's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Circle of the Raven, and its currency is the Talent.
Saint-Paul is currently researching a cure.
Most Recent Government Activity: 66 minutes ago
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 10 days ago: Saint-Paul fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Saint-Paul was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, Saint-Paul is worshipped as a god.
- 13 days ago: Saint-Paul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, organ donation is compulsory.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- 25 days ago: Saint-Paul's influence in The Iron League rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Saint-Paul, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.