The Asgard Founder of Sacred Yggdrasil is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cormac Stark with an even hand, and remarkable for its burgeoning phoenix population. The quiet, industrious population of 8.765 billion Sacred Yggdrasilians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vanaheim. The average income tax rate is 41.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Sacred Yggdrasilian economy, worth 350 trillion asgardans a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,945 asgardans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, Asatru has been named as Sacred Yggdrasil's national religion, Sacred Yggdrasil has designated Vanaheim as its capital city, and Cormac Stark has just been declared ruler of Sacred Yggdrasil in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sacred Yggdrasil's national animal is the phoenix and its national religion is Asatru.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sacred Yggdrasil was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Sacred Yggdrasil's influence in Asgard rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Sacred Yggdrasil's influence in Asgard rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Sacred Yggdrasil's influence in Asgard rose from "Negotiator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Sacred Yggdrasil updated the World Factbook entry in Asgard.
- : Sacred Yggdrasil voted for The Black Hawk of We Are Not TBH in Round 3 of the election.
- : Sacred Yggdrasil voted for The Crashed Spaceship of The Salaxalans in Round 2 of the election.
- : Sacred Yggdrasil granted posting privileges on the Asgard Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : Sacred Yggdrasil voted for The Rose Commune of Caelapes in Round 1 of the election.
- : Sacred Yggdrasil rejected a request from The Best region the world has ever seen for an embassy with Asgard.