“Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Asgardian Emperor of Sacred Yggdrasil is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its burgeoning phoenix population. The compassionate population of 5.478 billion Sacred Yggdrasilians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 31%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Trout Farming industries.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, meat-eating is frowned upon, and bicyclists are banned from major roads. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sacred Yggdrasil's national animal is the phoenix, and its currency is the asgardan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Sacred Yggdrasil fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 22 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil's influence in Asgard rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 23 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil's influence in Asgard fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 25 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil's influence in Asgard rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 94 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 95 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- 103 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 115 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil was ranked #1 in the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 118 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil composed a new Welcome Telegram for Asgard.
- 118 days ago: Sacred Yggdrasil canceled the Welcome Telegram of Asgard.