The Third Coming of Rybaland is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.591 billion Rybalandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rybaland City. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rybalandian economy, worth 276 trillion Minerales a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,001 Minerales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
There is a dearth of space for new houses, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, and getting a abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Rybaland's national animal is the Ant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rybaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rybaland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Rybaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rybaland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Rybaland was endorsed by The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
- : Rybaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rybaland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Rybaland was endorsed by The Protectorate of Paffnia.
- : Rybaland fell out of the world Top 5% for Best Weather.
- : Rybaland fell out of the regional Top 5% for Best Weather.