“We have nothing to lose but our chains.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Communist Party of NationStates
The Vanguard Party of Ruzslava is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Premier Sabina Cassava with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.564 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leningrad. The average income tax rate is 97%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million rubles of property damage, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ruzslava's national animal is the owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the ruble.
Most Recent Government Activity: 62 minutes ago
- 60 minutes ago: Ruzslava endorsed The United Socialist States of Enver Hoxha.
- 61 minutes ago: Ruzslava voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon"".
- 61 minutes ago: Ruzslava lodged a message on the The Communist Party of NationStates Regional Message Board.
- 12 hours ago: Ruzslava was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Ruzslava was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days ago: Ruzslava voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 4 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 6 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 8 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 8 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
Endorsements Received: None.