“We have nothing to lose but our chains.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Communist Party of NationStates
The Vanguard Party of Ruzslava is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Premier Sabina Cassava with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.825 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leningrad. The average income tax rate is 97%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and workers have seized control of the economy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ruzslava's national animal is the owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the ruble.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 22 hours ago: Ruzslava voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 5 days ago: Ruzslava lodged a message on the The Communist Party of NationStates Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 5 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Ruzslava, workers have seized control of the economy.
- 9 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 10 days ago: Ruzslava was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 12 days ago: Ruzslava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 12 days ago: Ruzslava voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
Endorsements Received: None.