The Imperial Republic of Rutianas is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Shein Darson with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 15.665 billion Rutians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rutia. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Rutianasian economy, worth a remarkable 3,687 trillion Runais a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 235,387 Runais, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, military spending is on the increase, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', and the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rutianas's national animal is the Meerkat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is whatever.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 4 days ago: Rutianas's influence in Korel fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 5 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Rutianas's influence in Korel rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Rutianas, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- 34 days ago: Rutianas fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 51 days ago: Rutianas fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Armed.
- 54 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 56 days ago: Rutianas fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 58 days ago: Following new legislation in Rutianas, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- 62 days ago: Rutianas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.