The Imperial Republic of Rutianas is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Shein Darson with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 17.644 billion Rutians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rutia. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Rutianasian economy, worth a remarkable 4,201 trillion Runais a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 238,114 Runais, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', the government has become increasingly militant, and the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rutianas's national animal is the Meerkat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is whatever.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rutianas, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Rutianas, the government has become increasingly militant.
- : Following new legislation in Rutianas, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- : Following new legislation in Rutianas, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Rutianas's influence in Korel fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Following new legislation in Rutianas, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Rutianas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Rutianas, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- : Rutianas proposed constructing embassies between Korel and Confederacy of earth.
- : Rutianas lodged a message on the Korel Regional Message Board.