“Freiheit und Wahrheit”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Imperial Republic of Rutianas is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Shein Darson with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 13.623 billion Rutians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rutia. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Military spending recently hit a new high, the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, and the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Rutianas's national animal is the Meerkat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is whatever, and its currency is the Runai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 7 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 5 days ago: Rutianas's influence in Korel rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 13 days ago: Rutianas changed its national demonym to "Rutian".
- 22 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 33 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 36 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in Rutianas, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- 62 days ago: Rutianas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 63 days ago: Rutianas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 76 days ago: Rutianas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.