“Rusin Strong - Rusin Proud”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Rusinia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Vasily Schevenchenko with an even hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate population of 2.825 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carpathian Village. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy, and Rusinia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rusinia's national animal is the Carpathian Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Slavic Carpathian Orthodox Church, and its currency is the Dinaria.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 9 days ago: Rusinia fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Rusinia, Rusinia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Rusinia, society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Rusinia, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Rusinia, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 11 days ago: Rusinia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Etonie.
- 22 days ago: Rusinia was endorsed by The Sultanate of The Grand Dima Khanate.
- 29 days ago: Rusinia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Polarnia.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Rusinia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 34 days ago: Rusinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 29 (Delegate Vinage, Anikatia, Drewsnia, Precisely Nothing, Apto, Cartagonia, Last Dane, Larck Fad, Deneb Algedi, United Kingdom of Great Ethar, New Coyoacan, Noordeinde, Schultzotopia, Aidir, Armenika, Kermopolis, Genoviens, Rise-Takeba, Ratzloff, Bakilior, New Sivonia, Tractoronia, Flight, Betalia, Siranus, Sor-Trondheim, Brentwood, The Grand Dima Khanate, Etonie)