“Nihilum Absque Deus”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Kingdom of Runopa is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Wombaticus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 18.897 billion Runopans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taros. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Runopan economy, worth a remarkable 2,239 trillion polar crowns a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry. Average income is an impressive 118,516 polar crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runopa's national animal is the penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 16 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Runopa fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 26 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 27 days ago: Runopa's influence in Antarctica fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 57 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 58 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 66 days ago: Runopa relocated from Osiris to Antarctica.
- 66 days ago: Runopa was refounded in Osiris.
- 119 days ago: Runopa ceased to exist.
- 163 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 164 days ago: Runopa fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.