“Nihilum Absque Deus”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Kingdom of Runopa is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Wombaticus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 18.634 billion Runopans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taros. The average income tax rate is 99%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
The national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runopa's national animal is the penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the polar crown.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 13 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 14 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 22 days ago: Runopa relocated from Osiris to Antarctica.
- 22 days ago: Runopa was refounded in Osiris.
- 75 days ago: Runopa ceased to exist.
- 119 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 120 days ago: Runopa fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 136 days ago: Runopa's influence in Antarctica fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 145 days ago: Runopa's influence in Antarctica rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 148 days ago: Runopa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).