The Green Feminist Commune of Roxie Hart is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by la Feminista with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.148 billion Roxie Hartians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberalia. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The large but underdeveloped Roxie Hartian economy, worth 841 trillion fosses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,279 fosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roxie Hart's national animal is the vaudevillian, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Roxie Hart fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- : Roxie Hart fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Roxie Hart was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Inclusive.