“Home Sweet Home”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Rotuma Island
The Dominion of Rotuma Island is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 14.097 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All industry is owned and run by the government, surveillance cameras are banned, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is well under control. Rotuma Island's national animal is the sea gull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 29 days ago: Rotuma Island's influence in Rotuma Island rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 36 days ago: Rotuma Island's influence in Rotuma Island fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 50 days ago: Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Taipei.
- 191 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest (last census: Top 10%).
- 291 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- 345 days ago: Rotuma Island changed nation type to "Dominion".
- 345 days ago: Rotuma Island altered its national flag.
- 345 days ago: Rotuma Island relocated from Galapagos to Rotuma Island.
- 359 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 1 year 2 days ago: Rotuma Island fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.