“Home Sweet Home”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Rotuma Island
The Queen's State of Rotuma Island is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.974 billion Rotuma Islandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All industry is owned and run by the government, surveillance cameras are banned, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is well under control. Rotuma Island's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 13 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 28 days ago: Rotuma Island fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 98 days ago: Rotuma Island changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 147 days ago: Rotuma Island changed its national nation type to "State".
- 178 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 223 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and The Southern Islands.
- 223 days ago: Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Republic of the Philippines.
- 274 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and World.
- 274 days ago: Rotuma Island altered the regional flag of Rotuma Island.
- 293 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).