The Queen's State of Rotuma Island is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 17.151 billion Rotuma Islandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 85.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Rotuma Islandian economy, worth 85.8 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 5,004 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All industry is owned and run by the government, surveillance cameras are banned, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rotuma Island's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 44 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 89 days ago: Rotuma Island altered the regional flag of Rotuma Island.
- 208 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 223 days ago: Rotuma Island fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 292 days ago: Rotuma Island changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 341 days ago: Rotuma Island changed its national nation type to "State".
- 1 year 8 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 year 53 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and The Southern Islands.
- 1 year 53 days ago: Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Republic of the Philippines.
- 1 year 104 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and World.