“Home Sweet Home”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Rotuma Island
The Dominion of Rotuma Island is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 14.904 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All industry is owned and run by the government, surveillance cameras are banned, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is well under control. Rotuma Island's national animal is the sea gull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 45 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and The Southern Islands.
- 45 days ago: Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Republic of the Philippines.
- 96 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and World.
- 96 days ago: Rotuma Island altered the regional flag of Rotuma Island.
- 115 days ago: Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- 116 days ago: Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and Freedom Front.
- 116 days ago: Rotuma Island established the regional flag of Rotuma Island.
- 165 days ago: Rotuma Island's influence in Rotuma Island rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 171 days ago: Rotuma Island's influence in Rotuma Island fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".