The Queen's State of Rotuma Island is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 19.662 billion Rotuma Islandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 85.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Rotuma Islandian economy, worth 98.5 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 5,008 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All industry is owned and run by the government, surveillance cameras are banned, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rotuma Island's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rotuma Island cancelled the closure of embassies between Rotuma Island and Pub.
- : Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and Manama.
- : Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Pub.
- : Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and The Republic of Congo.
- : Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Northern California.
- : Rotuma Island altered the regional flag of Rotuma Island.
- : Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Tobago.
- : Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Rotuma Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality, Most Politically Free, Most Extensive Civil Rights, and Most Extreme and the Top 5% for Largest Populations.
- : Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Dominican Republic.