“Recht, vrijheid en gelijkheid! Lang leven Rossiya!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Rossistic Republic of Rossiyan union is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 3.492 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rossopolis. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the nation leads Altrania in per capita stalking, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Rossiyan union's radio stations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rossiyan union's national animal is the Owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Modern Hellenism, and its currency is the Rossiyan Drachess.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 14 days ago: Rossiyan union's influence in Altrania rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 14 days ago: Rossiyan union lost WA Delegate status in Altrania.
- 27 days ago: Rossiyan union was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 29 days ago: Rossiyan union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Rossiyan union fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 42 days ago: Rossiyan union fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 61 days ago: Rossiyan union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 63 days ago: Rossiyan union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 67 days ago: Rossiyan union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 79 days ago: Rossiyan union fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.