The United Republic of Rossiyan union is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ross Slotboom with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.068 billion Rossiyans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rossopolis. The average income tax rate is 85.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rossiyan unionian economy, worth 563 trillion Rossiyan Drachesses a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,712 Rossiyan Drachesses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ross Slotboom has just been declared ruler of Rossiyan union in an international press conference, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, Rossiyan union's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and people can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rossiyan union's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Modern Hellenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rossiyan union's influence in Altrania rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Rossiyan union voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kknight".
- : Rossiyan union voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kknight".
- : Rossiyan union was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Rossiyan union applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Rossiyan union relocated from Balder to Altrania.
- : Rossiyan union altered its national flag.
- : Rossiyan union was refounded in Balder.
- : Rossiyan union ceased to exist.
- : Rossiyan union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: None.