“Long Live Romegarrett”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Romegarrett is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Olaf Bradley with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.468 billion Romegarrettians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Invalsh. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology.
School uniforms are compulsory, mysterious black helicopters menace farmers to ensure compliance with straitjacketing agricultural policies, a study has shown that many parents are too embarrassed to teach their children sex education, and drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romegarrett's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Doniki.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 5 days ago: Romegarrett was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 9 days ago: Romegarrett was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Romegarrett was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 12 days ago: Romegarrett was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 19 days ago: Romegarrett was refounded in Balder.
- 115 days ago: Romegarrett ceased to exist.
- 137 days ago: Romegarrett fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 143 days ago: Romegarrett was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 143 days ago: Following new legislation in Romegarrett, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- 143 days ago: Following new legislation in Romegarrett, a study has shown that many parents are too embarrassed to teach their children sex education.