The Imperium of Romanist is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Aecius with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, avowedly heterosexual populace, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 19.669 billion Romans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, corrupt, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth a remarkable 4,602 trillion denariius a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 234,008 denariius, with the richest citizens earning 7.3 times as much as the poorest.
Artists are pillars of society, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, governments opposing Romanist are beset by rebels, and retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Romanist's national animal is the Roman Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is to each his own belief.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Romanist was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Romanist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Romanist fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Romanist fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Romanist fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Romanist lost the endorsement of The Nine Realms of United States Of Infinite Empire.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Romanist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, governments opposing Romanist are beset by rebels.
- 5 days ago: Romanist was endorsed by The Nine Realms of United States Of Infinite Empire.