|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Imperium Romanum
The Imperium of Romanist is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Aecius with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.952 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romanist's national animal is the Roman Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is to each his own belief, and its currency is the denariiu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 minutes ago
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Romanist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Romanist established the regional flag of Imperium Romanum.
- 5 days ago: Romanist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 5 days ago: Romanist's influence in Imperium Romanum fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 6 days ago: Romanist was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanist, organ donation is compulsory.
Endorsements Received: None.