“Romānia lucrului bine făcut”Klaus Iohannis
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Republic of Romanelia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Klaus Iohannis with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 11.661 billion Romanelians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bukale. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Romanelian economy, worth a remarkable 3,647 trillion bribes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 312,755 bribes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 955,402 per year while the poor average 79,355, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, cocalar populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions, and truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romanelia's national animal is the cocalar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is rubbing wallets against relics.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 6 days ago: Romanelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 6 days ago: Romanelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 7 days ago: Romanelia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 7 days ago: Romanelia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Romanelia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, cocalar populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
Endorsements Received: None.