“Să trăiț bine māncavaș”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Bulibashescian Republic of Romanelia is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Bulibășescu Mondealu with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.7 billion Romanelians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bukale. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Retail industries.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, all news sources are under strict government control, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts, and tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Romanelia Blood Tithe. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Romanelia's national animal is the cocalar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is rubbing wallets against relics, and its currency is the bribe.
Romanelia is ranked 1st in Romania and 2,678th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 573 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 6 days ago: Romanelia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Romanelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 8 days ago: Romanelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Romanelia Blood Tithe.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts.
- 12 days ago: Romanelia lodged a message on the Romania Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Romanelia, all news sources are under strict government control.
- 13 days ago: Romanelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".
- 13 days ago: Romanelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 13 days ago: Romanelia lodged a message on the Romania Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.