“Skin on skin, let the love begin”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Nazis Here Nazis There
The Woodhouse Sanctum of Rolands End is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Childe Roland with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.405 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castle Rock. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12%. A robust private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Gambling industries.
Conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors, Childe Roland has just been declared ruler of Rolands End in an international press conference, crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rolands End's national animal is the ^-^, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the $$.
Most Recent Government Activity: 40 days ago
- 22 days ago: Rolands End was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 40 days ago: Rolands End password-protected National Fascist Party.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End relocated from National Fascist Party to Nazis Here Nazis There.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End added the tag "Fascist" to National Fascist Party.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End banned The Democratic States of New Galtia from National Fascist Party.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End withdrew a request for embassies between National Fascist Party and REATO.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End removed the tag "Libertarian" from National Fascist Party.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End removed the tag "Invader" from National Fascist Party.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End removed the tag "Capitalist" from National Fascist Party.
- 40 days ago: Rolands End added the tag "Anti-Communist" to National Fascist Party.