“Your rights and freedoms are strictly that.”
Regional Influence: Minnow
The People's Republic of Robanji is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 1.932 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Peoples Capital. The average income tax rate is 68%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, the government pours millions of Robans into rehabilitation programs annually, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem. Robanji's national animal is the Toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Roban.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Robanji was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 16 days ago: Robanji was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Robanji was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
- 21 days ago: Robanji was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 22 days ago: Robanji was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 27 days ago: Robanji voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fracking Protocol".
- 42 days ago: Robanji voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Industrial Pollution Control ".
- 42 days ago: Robanji voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend NewTexas".
- 46 days ago: Robanji was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 47 days ago: Robanji was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.