The Holy Empire of Rizic is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Master with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.346 billion Rizicians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Les Louch. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The Rizician economy, worth 717 trillion Globics a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,312 Globics, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rizic's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Rizic is ranked 718th in 10000 Islands and 49,042nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 79 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rizic was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Rizic fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Rizic was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of New Naprela Islands.
- : Rizic fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Rizic was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Rizic was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rizic fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Rizic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rizic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- : Rizic was endorsed by The Republic of Oasisa.