“Liberty Equality Justice Security”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: International Democratic Union
The National Township of Riesenschnauzer is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.492 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Social Welfare are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12%. A robust private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Gambling.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, the government is reining in public spending, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Riesenschnauzer's national animal is the wild schnauzer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the schnauzermark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 131 days ago: Riesenschnauzer altered its national flag.
- 258 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 346 days ago: Riesenschnauzer relocated from Lazarus to International Democratic Union.
- 346 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was refounded.
- 347 days ago: Riesenschnauzer ceased to exist.
- 1 year 42 days ago: Riesenschnauzer altered its national flag.
- 1 year 87 days ago: Riesenschnauzer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 1 year 151 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 2 years 84 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 years 147 days ago: Riesenschnauzer relocated from The North Pacific to International Democratic Union.