“Liberty Equality Justice Security”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: International Democratic Union
The National Township of Riesenschnauzer is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.564 billion Riesenschnauzerians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14%. A robust private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Gambling.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, the government is reining in public spending, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Riesenschnauzer's national animal is the wild schnauzer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the schnauzermark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 1 year 115 days ago: Riesenschnauzer altered its national flag.
- 1 year 242 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 year 331 days ago: Riesenschnauzer relocated from Lazarus to International Democratic Union.
- 1 year 331 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was refounded.
- 1 year 331 days ago: Riesenschnauzer ceased to exist.
- 2 years 27 days ago: Riesenschnauzer altered its national flag.
- 2 years 71 days ago: Riesenschnauzer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 2 years 135 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 3 years 68 days ago: Riesenschnauzer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 years 132 days ago: Riesenschnauzer relocated from The North Pacific to International Democratic Union.