The Startling Empire of Riemstagrad is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Farao Rambert IV with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 26.841 billion Riems hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riemstagradgrad. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Riem economy, worth a remarkable 2,176 trillion dinars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 81,089 dinars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 258,327 per year while the poor average 19,364, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
The rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Riemstagrad's national animal is the agapornis, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Heavy Metal.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Riemstagrad was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Riemstagrad, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Riemstagrad, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Riemstagrad, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 13 days ago: Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 1%).
- 19 days ago: Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: #1).
- 33 days ago: Riemstagrad lodged a message on the Belgium Regional Message Board.
- 39 days ago: Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 46 days ago: Riemstagrad fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.