The Uberstani Grand Republic of Ridann is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Protector Henry Barbarossa with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 15.82 billion Uberstani are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palm City. The average income tax rate is 6.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Uberstani economy, worth a remarkable 3,809 trillion Republic Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 240,814 Republic Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Colonial citizens are forced to sing the praise of the "Great Uberstani Liberator", fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, mandatory spouse selection pairs elderly apparatchiki with stunningly beautiful supermodels, and believers must practice religion behind church doors lest the government smite them with a mighty fine. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ridann's national animal is the Terrestrial Raptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is unlisted due to secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ridann was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, believers must practice religion behind church doors lest the government smite them with a mighty fine.
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, mandatory spouse selection pairs elderly apparatchiki with stunningly beautiful supermodels.
- : Ridann was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ridann was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Ridann was endorsed by The Vizier of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Ridann's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ridann was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Ridann changed its national faith to "unlisted due to secularism" and its leader to "Protector Henry Barbarossa".
Endorsements Received: 1 » A Slanted Black Stripe.