The Uberstani Grand Republic of Ridann is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Protector Henry Peng with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 15.34 billion Uberstani are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cardinal City. The average income tax rate is 3.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Uberstani economy, worth a remarkable 3,571 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 232,822 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, and the leaders of Ridann are given the nod by their predecessors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ridann's national animal is the Highland Thunderbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is a blend of state backed philosophies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ridann was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Douchemenastan.
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, the leaders of Ridann are given the nod by their predecessors.
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort.
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- : Ridann altered its national flag.
- : Ridann endorsed The Rogue Nation of Douchemenastan.
- : Ridann was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ridann was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations.
- : Following new legislation in Ridann, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Technocratic Corporates, Servoth, Steffan, Balrog, The Technocracy of Mekanicus, Krambambula, New Canadia Kingdom, Asinland, Cossmania, Benierra, Radecstein, United Lands Of Cobra, Pretitoa, Uaef, North Sindormia, Lonely Swedish, TorNaGul, Hansdeltania, Lizard-Land, Serb Yugoslavia, Teesh, and Douchemenastan.