The Victorian Republic of Ridann is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Protector Henry Clayton with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 13.761 billion Victorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Melbourne. The average income tax rate is 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Ridannian economy, worth a remarkable 2,852 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 207,282 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government is sending thousands of citizens overseas to defend a square mile of land, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ridann's national animal is the Leadbeater Possum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is unlisted due to secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 6 hours ago
- 47 minutes ago: Ridann fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Ridann, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Ridann, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 8 days ago: Ridann was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Ridann's influence in Australia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 10 days ago: Ridann was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Ridann, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 15 days ago: Ridann fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 15 days ago: Ridann fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 18 days ago: Ridann was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).