The Queen's State of Richard Saunders is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.572 billion Richard Saundersians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Public Transport are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.5%.
The thriving Richard Saundersian economy, worth 256 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 33,849 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 95,549 per year while the poor average 9,599, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, surveillance cameras are banned, Richard Saunders's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Richard Saunders's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Richard Saunders was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Richard Saunders agreed to construct embassies between Richlands and Republic of Taiwan.
- : Richard Saunders altered the regional flag of Richlands.
- : Richard Saunders agreed to construct embassies between Richlands and Republique Centrafricaine.
- : Richard Saunders proposed constructing embassies between Richlands and Dione.
- : Richard Saunders established the regional flag of Richlands.
- : Richard Saunders proposed constructing embassies between Richlands and Bouvet.
- : Richard Saunders proposed constructing embassies between Richlands and Togo.
- : Richard Saunders's influence in Richlands rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : Richard Saunders proposed constructing embassies between Richlands and Japvia.