“Popeth am Rhydychen; Rhydychen am byth”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The League of Just Nations
The Enlightened Kingdom of Rhydychen is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Matthew II with an even hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.902 billion Rhydychenites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oxonia. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, birth rates have hit an all-time low, all beauty contests have been banned, and children listen incredulously when their grandparents explain what a "running river" is. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhydychen's national animal is the ddraig goch, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the punt sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 10 days ago: Rhydychen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 18 days ago: Rhydychen's influence in The League of Just Nations rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 27 days ago: Rhydychen agreed to construct embassies between The League of Just Nations and Petria.
- 27 days ago: Rhydychen agreed to construct embassies between The League of Just Nations and Coalition of Catholic States.
- 27 days ago: Rhydychen resigned from the World Assembly.
- 39 days ago: Rhydychen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhydychen, children listen incredulously when their grandparents explain what a "running river" is.
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhydychen, all beauty contests have been banned.
- 45 days ago: Rhydychen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The General Patent Charter"".
- 45 days ago: Rhydychen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The International Communist Union".