The Republic of Rhoderius is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chairwoman Veseeré Zythan with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 5.479 billion Rhoderians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kailé. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rhoderian economy, worth 335 trillion Crubaqs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is 61,300 Crubaqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, and third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhoderius's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Rhoderius's influence in Union of Free Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Rhoderius's influence in Union of Free Nations rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Rhoderius's influence in Union of Free Nations rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Rhoderius's influence in Union of Free Nations rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Rhoderius relocated from Osiris to Union of Free Nations.
- : Following new legislation in Rhoderius, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Rhoderius was refounded in Osiris.
- : Rhoderius ceased to exist.