“Victoria Et Virtus”Chairwoman Veseeré Zythan
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Independent Order
The Republic of Rhoderius is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chairwoman Veseeré Zythan with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 3.672 billion Rhoderians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kailé. The average income tax rate is 67.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rhoderian economy, worth 214 trillion Crubaqs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is 58,500 Crubaqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhoderius's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Rhoderius fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 6 days ago: Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 17 days ago: Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 24 days ago: Rhoderius changed its national demonym to "Rhoderian" and its demonym adjective to "Rhoderian".
- 25 days ago: Rhoderius relocated from Osiris to The Independent Order.
- 25 days ago: Rhoderius was refounded in Osiris.
- 362 days ago: Rhoderius ceased to exist.
- 1 year 2 days ago: Rhoderius's influence in Hookers and blackjack fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 1 year 3 days ago: Rhoderius's influence in Hookers and blackjack rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 1 year 6 days ago: Rhoderius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.