The Republic of Rhoderius is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Chairwoman Veseeré Zythan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 3.917 billion Rhoderians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kailé. The average income tax rate is 68.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rhoderian economy, worth 236 trillion Crubaqs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is 60,500 Crubaqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, meat-eating is frowned upon, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied stag, and the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhoderius's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 14 days ago: Rhoderius was refounded in Lazarus.
- 32 days ago: Rhoderius ceased to exist.
- 60 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhoderius, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- 60 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhoderius, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied stag.
- 67 days ago: Rhoderius fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 67 days ago: Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 78 days ago: Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 84 days ago: Rhoderius changed its national demonym to "Rhoderian" and its demonym adjective to "Rhoderian".
- 86 days ago: Rhoderius relocated from Osiris to The Independent Order.