The Hipster Republic of Rhine Ruhr is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Jeffery with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.932 billion Rhinians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Environment not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Düsseldorf. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Rhine Ruhrian economy, worth a remarkable 1,289 trillion Rhinian guilders a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 144,349 Rhinian guilders, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 869,999 per year while the poor average 10,772, a ratio of 80.8 to 1.
Bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Rhine Ruhr's national animal is the Bulbasaur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 8 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Rhine Ruhr relocated from Osiris to European Union.
- 18 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was refounded in Osiris.
- 20 days ago: Rhine Ruhr ceased to exist.
- 33 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked #1 in the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- 47 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 49 days ago: Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).