The Hipster Republic of Rhine Ruhr is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Jeffery with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 10.368 billion Rhinians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Environment not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Düsseldorf. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Rhine Ruhrian economy, worth a remarkable 1,496 trillion Rhinian guilders a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 144,349 Rhinian guilders, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 869,999 per year while the poor average 10,772, a ratio of 80.8 to 1.
Bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Rhine Ruhr's national animal is the Bulbasaur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rhine Ruhr lodged a message on the European Union Regional Message Board.
- : Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: #1).
- : Rhine Ruhr was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rhine Ruhr fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Rhine Ruhr's influence in European Union rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Rhine Ruhr relocated from Balder to European Union.
- : Rhine Ruhr was refounded in Balder.
- : Rhine Ruhr ceased to exist.
- : Rhine Ruhr's influence in European Union fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Rhine Ruhr's influence in European Union rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".