“Our hopes and expectations”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Capitol Alliance
The Disputed Territories of Rhakor is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chief Minister Paavali Adnn with an iron fist, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.552 billion enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although the Environment and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rhakor City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Tourism industries.
The 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, surveillance cameras are banned, wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem. Rhakor's national animal is the frilled lizard, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Kanror.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 109 days ago: Rhakor's influence in Capitol Alliance rose from "Superpower" to "Hermit".
- 131 days ago: Rhakor fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 222 days ago: Rhakor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 225 days ago: Rhakor fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Average.
- 240 days ago: Rhakor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 330 days ago: Rhakor was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Benevolent Dictatorship".
- 330 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhakor, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 330 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhakor, wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts.
- 330 days ago: Following new legislation in Rhakor, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 335 days ago: Rhakor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.