The Stellaristocratic Nation of ReVaQ is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Majesté Revée Voixaer Q'uruêus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.744 billion ReVaQians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of L'Astraeus. The average income tax rate is 92.8%.
The powerhouse ReVaQian economy, worth 338 trillion Vaqs a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 90,485 Vaqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ReVaQ's national animal is the Osprey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 8 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 14 days ago: ReVaQ was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 128 days ago: ReVaQ ceased to exist.
- 1 year 128 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 year 128 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 1 year 129 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 1 year 136 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 1 year 137 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 year 149 days ago: ReVaQ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.