The Mother Empire of Retro Lyra is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rodrick Jones with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.744 billion Retro Lyrans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hollo Caverns. The average income tax rate is 92.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Retro Lyran economy, worth 34.0 trillion Zeldian Rupees a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 5,911 Zeldian Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and the undead are an officially recognised ethnic minority (Retro Lyra has found 1 easter egg). Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Retro Lyra's national animal is the llama with hats, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 5 hours ago: Retro Lyra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 21 days ago: Retro Lyra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 23 days ago: Retro Lyra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Retro Lyra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Retro Lyra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 27 days ago: Retro Lyra fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 35 days ago: Retro Lyra lodged a message on the The Empire of Friendship Regional Message Board.
- 38 days ago: Retro Lyra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 39 days ago: Retro Lyra lodged a message on the The Empire of Friendship Regional Message Board.
- 40 days ago: Retro Lyra created a custom banner.