“Boni Amici, Boni Libri, et Conscientia Somnolenta.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Empire of Friendship
The Mother Empire of Retro Lyra is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Rodrick Jones with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 4.071 billion Retro Lyrans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hollo Caverns. The average income tax rate is 85%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and the undead are an officially recognised ethnic minority (Retro Lyra has found 1 easter egg). Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Retro Lyra's national animal is the llama with hats, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Zeldian Rupee.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 4 days ago: Retro Lyra's influence in The Empire of Friendship rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 13 days ago: Retro Lyra fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 13 days ago: Retro Lyra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 14 days ago: Retro Lyra rejected a request from Ormene for an embassy with The Empire of Friendship.
- 24 days ago: Retro Lyra rejected a request from The minuette matriarchy for an embassy with The Empire of Friendship.
- 25 days ago: Retro Lyra fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Pacifist.
- 27 days ago: Retro Lyra altered its national flag.
- 28 days ago: Retro Lyra granted posting privileges on the The Empire of Friendship Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 28 days ago: Retro Lyra rejected a request from The Solar Reign for an embassy with The Empire of Friendship.
- 32 days ago: Retro Lyra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.