The Paradise of Republika Slovenija is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Triglav with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, cheerful population of 9.712 billion Republika Slovenijans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ljubljana. The average income tax rate is 80.6%.
The Republika Slovenijan economy, worth 523 trillion Euros a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 53,923 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, the Zlatorog is a protected species, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Republika Slovenija. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Republika Slovenija's national animal is the Zlatorog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republika Slovenija's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Republika Slovenija's influence in Texas rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Republika Slovenija's influence in Texas rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Republika Slovenija's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Republika Slovenija relocated from Lazarus to Texas.
- : Republika Slovenija was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Republika Slovenija ceased to exist.
- : Republika Slovenija fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.