The Paradise of Republika Slovenija is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Triglav with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cheerful population of 10.567 billion Republika Slovenijans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ljubljana. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Republika Slovenijan economy, worth 571 trillion Euros a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,047 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, the Zlatorog is a protected species, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Republika Slovenija. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Republika Slovenija's national animal is the Zlatorog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Republika Slovenija voted for The Atomic Boots of NewTexas in Round 3 of the election.
- : Republika Slovenija voted for The Atomic Boots of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Republika Slovenija's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments, Largest Black Market, Highest Crime Rates, and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Republika Slovenija was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Republika Slovenija fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.