“Dum spiro spero, animis opibusque parati”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
Location: The Association of Imperialism
The Commonwealth of Republic of South Carolina is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Benjamin Guerard with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.526 billion Carolinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charleston. The average income tax rate is 37%. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, President Benjamin Guerard has just been declared ruler of Republic of South Carolina in an international press conference, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime is moderate. Republic of South Carolina's national animal is the Loggerhead Sea Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the Republic of South Carolina Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Republic of South Carolina's influence in The Association of Imperialism fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 5 days ago: Republic of South Carolina voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 6 days ago: Republic of South Carolina was endorsed by The Lord Regent of Faschist Deutsch Reich.
- 11 days ago: Republic of South Carolina was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Republic of South Carolina's influence in The Association of Imperialism fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 23 days ago: Republic of South Carolina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 27 days ago: Republic of South Carolina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 29 days ago: Republic of South Carolina was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Republic of South Carolina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 32 days ago: Republic of South Carolina was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Great Sovalia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Faschist Deutsch Reich.