The Deus ex Machina of Republic of salo is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Il Duce with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 19.147 billion Republics of saloan are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Salo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Republic of saloan economy, worth a remarkable 3,828 trillion lires a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 199,976 lires, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 720,930 per year while the poor average 39,654, a ratio of 18.2 to 1.
Stranded astronauts hitch rides on foreign spacecraft to get home, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Republic of salo's national animal is the duce, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Duceism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Republic of salo voted for The Big Tex Department O Justice of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and Highest Economic Output and the Top 5% for Largest Manufacturing Sector, Most Efficient Economies, and Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- : Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.