The Deus ex Machina of Republic of salo is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Il Duce with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 17.467 billion Republics of saloan are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Salo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Republic of saloan economy, worth a remarkable 3,443 trillion lires a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 197,134 lires, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 709,049 per year while the poor average 39,230, a ratio of 18.1 to 1.
Citizens must have a license to operate a computer, stranded astronauts hitch rides on foreign spacecraft to get home, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire, and psychological disorders are a taboo subject. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Republic of salo's national animal is the duce, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Duceism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 4 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 7 days ago: Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 12 days ago: Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 32 days ago: Republic of salo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 34 days ago: Republic of salo fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 57 days ago: Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 66 days ago: Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 70 days ago: Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 74 days ago: Following new legislation in Republic of salo, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- 75 days ago: Republic of salo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).