“Place not your trust in princes”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Republic of munster is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by C S Parnell with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 2.644 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamason City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 89%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
The police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, and citizens must pay to enjoy Republic of munster's pristine beaches. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Republic of munster's national animal is the dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Catholic , and its currency is the punt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 9 days ago: Republic of munster fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Republic of munster was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Republic of munster was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Republic of munster published the Factbook "Special Force".
- 19 days ago: Republic of munster published the Factbook "Strength ".
- 20 days ago: Republic of munster voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate the South Pacific".
- 20 days ago: Republic of munster voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 40 days ago: Republic of munster was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 45 days ago: Republic of munster was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 45 days ago: Republic of munster was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.