|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Pacific
The Empire of Rept is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Anatoly with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 6.136 billion Reptians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rept City. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, and child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rept's national animal is the Hui, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Rept.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Rept fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Rept fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 10 days ago: Rept was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Rept was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Rept was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Rept was endorsed by The Pacifican Senator of Feux.
- 17 days ago: Rept was endorsed by The Union of Vojislav.
- 17 days ago: Rept was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: Rept voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Rept, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed.