“Hear Me Roar”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: United Kingdom
The Bailiwick of Renesslaer is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Royal Majesty King Ridenour XIV with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 18.03 billion Renesslaerians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lourdes. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, the government is giving peace a chance, voting is voluntary, and eminent domain has been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Renesslaer's national animal is the imperial lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Church of Renesslaer, and its currency is the Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, eminent domain has been abolished.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, voting is voluntary.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, the government is giving peace a chance.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, the arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Renesslaer was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Sleuts Treuska.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Renesslaer was ranked #1 in the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Renesslaer, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- 4 days ago: Renesslaer fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.