“To Defend and Serve”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: Grand Central
The Democratic States of Remedean is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Jason Jacquez with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.399 billion Remedeanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Girandian City. The average income tax rate is 75%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
Oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Remedean's many privately-owned prisons, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Remedean's national animal is the Gir, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Pacifico.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 5 minutes ago: Remedean was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 6 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 10 days ago: Remedean's influence in Grand Central fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 13 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 15 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 5% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 17 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 5% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 21 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 22 days ago: Remedean fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.