“Nobilitas sola est atque unica virtus.”
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Free States of Gaia
The Unchallenged Trade Empire of Regenius is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Thomas Alexander II with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.772 billion, 5.766 billion of whom are zombies, Regenians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandrium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Gambling industries.
People unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, and the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Regenius's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the divine holin.
Regenius is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.03%
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 7 days ago: Regenius relocated from Lazarus to Free States of Gaia.
- 7 days ago: Regenius was refounded in Lazarus.
- 10 days ago: Regenius ceased to exist.
- 26 days ago: Regenius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 31 days ago: Regenius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 38 days ago: Regenius lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 38 days ago: Regenius changed its national demonym to "Regenian".
- 38 days ago: Regenius altered its national flag.
- 38 days ago: Regenius relocated from Balder to Free States of Gaia.
- 38 days ago: Regenius was refounded in Balder.