The Unchallenged Trade Empire of Regenius is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Thomas Alexander II with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 19.679 billion Regenians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandrium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Regeniusian economy, worth a remarkable 4,170 trillion divine holins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 211,908 divine holins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 636,866 per year while the poor average 55,032, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
People unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, and the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Regenius's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Regenius's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector, Rudest Citizens, Largest Trout Fishing Sector, and Highest Economic Output and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Regenius fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- : Regenius fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).