The Unchallenged Trade Empire of Regenius is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Thomas Alexander II with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, unlimited-speed roads, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 18.822 billion Regenians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandrium. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Regeniusian economy, worth a remarkable 3,997 trillion divine holins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 212,384 divine holins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 640,022 per year while the poor average 54,945, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
People unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, and the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Regenius's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Regenius fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- : Regenius fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Regenius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.