“consilio et animis (by wisdom and courage)”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: International Democracy Union
The Industrial Utopia of Reeveton is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Larry Reeve with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 3.57 billion Reevetonites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glenbark. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories, the government seizes all major gold finds, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reeveton's national animal is the Reeveton Red Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Lutheranism, and its currency is the Reevel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Reeveton relocated from Lazarus to International Democracy Union.
- 6 days ago: Reeveton changed its national demonym to "Reevetonite".
- 6 days ago: Reeveton was refounded in Lazarus.
- 34 days ago: Reeveton ceased to exist.
- 45 days ago: Reeveton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 59 days ago: Reeveton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 62 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- 62 days ago: Reeveton was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 62 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year.
- 63 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, the government seizes all major gold finds.