“consilio et animis (by wisdom and courage)”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Earth 2808
The Nuclear Empire of Reeveton is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Larry Reeve with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.859 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glenbark. The average income tax rate is 96%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, loans are available for students from poor families, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reeveton's national animal is the Reeveton Red Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Lutheranism, and its currency is the Reevel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Reeveton's influence in Earth 2808 fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- 8 days ago: Reeveton's influence in Earth 2808 fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 9 days ago: Reeveton agreed to construct embassies between Earth 2808 and Maranmor.
- 9 days ago: Reeveton updated the World Factbook entry in Earth 2808.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 13 days ago: Reeveton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 15 days ago: Reeveton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Reeveton, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.