“For The Motherland We Serve”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The First Kingdom of Redzon is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9 billion Redzonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avena Marie. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Arms Manufacturing.
Skateparks can be found in every city, private law firms are unheard of, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Redzon's national animal is the Red Eyed Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholic, and its currency is the Quendi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 38 days ago
- 4 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 5 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 7 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 10 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 27 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 28 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 31 days ago: Redzon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 40 days ago: Redzon altered its national flag.
- 44 days ago: Redzon changed its national capital to "Avena Marie".