“Where Men Are Men... and the sheep run scared”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Black Isle
The Most Unholy Authocracy of Redrake is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Red with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ban on automobiles, and fear of technology. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 18.155 billion Redrakeans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, corrupt, socially-minded government is solely concerned with Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Redrakovia. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Redrakean economy, worth 141 trillion red coins a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,772 red coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, calling out of the blue has become taboo, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Redrake's national animal is the hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Reformed Church of Banjo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Redrake fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 5 days ago: Redrake was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Redrake was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Redrake was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 11 days ago: Redrake was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 11 days ago: Redrake approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » TheZone.