“Where Men Are Men... and the sheep run scared”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Black Isle
The Most Unholy Authocracy of Redrake is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Red with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of public education. Its compassionate, cynical population of 14.459 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Healthcare and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Redrakovia. Income tax is unheard of. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
People have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex, genetic researchers have been expelled, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence. Crime is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Redrake's national animal is the hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Reformed Church of Banjo, and its currency is the red coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Redrake was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Redrake voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Redrake voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 6 days ago: Redrake fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, people have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Redrake, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
Endorsements Received: None.