“All for me”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Hegemony of Redonersa is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Joe Strummer with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.733 billion Redonersans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Compton. The average income tax rate is 96.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Redonersan economy, worth 635 trillion Seeds a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,778 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Redonersa, and a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Redonersa's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Redonersa was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Redonersa fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 8 days ago: Redonersa's influence in Skyrim rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 16 days ago: Redonersa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 17 days ago: Redonersa was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 18 days ago: Redonersa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Redonersa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 19 days ago: Redonersa's influence in Skyrim rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 20 days ago: Redonersa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 21 days ago: Redonersa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.