“A few moments to learn, a lifetime to master”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Pha Phathers of Red Kagran is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by GMTers Made of Vodka with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.963 billion Kagranians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kagranium City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 94%. A robust private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, and toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Red Kagran's national animal is the Sam dog of Pha, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Teh Phaith, and its currency is the Bloody Mogul.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 7 days ago: Red Kagran was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 12 days ago: Red Kagran was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 15 days ago: Red Kagran was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Red Kagran was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Red Kagran fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 24 days ago: Red Kagran lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- 29 days ago: Red Kagran was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 34 days ago: Red Kagran was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 43 days ago: Red Kagran fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 48 days ago: Red Kagran lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.