The Rose of Red Charlyn is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Charlyn I with an even hand, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 8.199 billion Red Charlynians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Red City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Red Charlynian economy, worth 772 trillion Reds a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 94,161 Reds, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Red Charlyn, only toddlers and the elderly watch television before 23:00, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, and programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Red Charlyn's national animal is the fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Rose.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Red Charlyn's influence in Monty Pythons Flying Circus rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- : Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Red Charlyn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Red Charlyn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Red Charlyn fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Red Charlyn fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Red Charlyn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.