“Gather the roses!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Monty Pythons Flying Circus
The Rose of Red Charlyn is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Queen Charlyn I with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.146 billion, 2.141 billion of whom are zombies, Red Charlynians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Red City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A robust private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Red Charlyn, only toddlers and the elderly watch television before 23:00, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, and programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Red Charlyn's national animal is the fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Rose, and its currency is the Red.
Red Charlyn is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.09%
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 11 hours ago: Red Charlyn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 17 days ago: Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 27 days ago: Red Charlyn fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 80 days ago: Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 105 days ago: Red Charlyn fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 110 days ago: Red Charlyn fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 132 days ago: Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 140 days ago: Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 150 days ago: Red Charlyn's influence in Monty Pythons Flying Circus rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 157 days ago: Red Charlyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.