“All hail The Gargantuan Empire!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Protectorate of Reagan Island is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 1.685 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reaganopolis. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, healthcare funding has been cut, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Reagan Island's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Reagan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Reagan Island ejected and banned The Neutrality of Neutral Planet X from The Gargantuan Empire.
- 18 hours ago: Reagan Island ejected and banned The Holy Empire of Gorrgon from The Gargantuan Empire.
- 18 hours ago: Reagan Island ejected and banned The High Consulate of Equitador from The Gargantuan Empire.
- 18 hours ago: Reagan Island was refounded.
- 9 days ago: Reagan Island ceased to exist.
- 27 days ago: Reagan Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: Reagan Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 39 days ago: Reagan Island lodged a message on the The Gargantuan Empire Regional Message Board.
- 42 days ago: Reagan Island banned Neal empire from The Gargantuan Empire.
- 42 days ago: Reagan Island banned Amsterdan from The Gargantuan Empire.