The Protectorate of Raven Mail is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.34 billion Ravens are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Defense and Spirituality are also considered important, while Healthcare and Welfare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.6%.
The very strong Raven economy, worth 326 trillion thalers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 28,821 thalers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 88,042 per year while the poor average 7,312, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Citizens select which government department gets their income tax thalers each year, voting is voluntary, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is a problem. Raven Mail's national animal is the bunny, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Raven Mail was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Raven Mail voted for The Democratic Federation of Grosseschnauzer in Round 1 of the election.
- : Raven Mail was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Raven Mail was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and the Top 10% for Rudest Citizens, Highest Crime Rates, Largest Populations, and Most Pro-Market.
- : Raven Mail relocated from Texas to International Democratic Union.
- : Raven Mail lodged a message on the Wysteria Regional Message Board.
- : Raven Mail lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : Raven Mail relocated from Social Liberal Union to Texas.
- : Raven Mail lodged a message on the Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
- : Raven Mail relocated from International Democratic Union to Social Liberal Union.