“Táimid ar fad faoi fhrancach!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The United Gerbil States of Ratmo is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Pharaoh Cían Seamus Mag Uidhir I with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.163 billion Ratmonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chackide. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology industries.
Tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratmo's national animal is the Red Lava Rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Ferretism, and its currency is the Ciano.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 10 minutes ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 77 minutes ago: Ratmo's influence in Advanta fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- 13 hours ago: Ratmo's influence in Advanta rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 15 hours ago: Ratmo lodged a message on the Advanta Regional Message Board.
- 17 hours ago: Ratmo altered its national flag.
- 17 hours ago: Ratmo relocated from Lazarus to Advanta.
- 17 hours ago: Ratmo founded the region Advanta.
- 17 hours ago: Ratmo was refounded in Lazarus.
- 44 days ago: Ratmo ceased to exist.
- 49 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.