“Táimid ar fad faoi fhrancach!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The United Gerbil States of Ratmo is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Pharaoh Cían Seamus Mag Uidhir I with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.841 billion Ratmonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chackide. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology industries.
Tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratmo's national animal is the Red Lava Rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Ferretism, and its currency is the Ciano.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 10 hours ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Ratmo changed its national demonym to "Ratmonian".
- 8 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 16 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 19 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 29 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 29 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 32 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 33 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 39 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.