The United Gerbil States of Ratmo is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Pharaoh Cían Seamus Mag Uidhir I with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 4.614 billion Ratmonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chackide. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Ratmoan economy, worth 664 trillion Cianoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 143,914 Cianoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 478,998 per year while the poor average 32,219, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, and society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratmo's national animal is the Red Lava Rat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ferretism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 7 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 8 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Ratmo's influence in Advanta fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 11 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 16 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 18 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 19 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.