“Tá sé ar fad faoi fhrancach!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The United Gerbil States of Ratmo is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Pharaoh Cían Seamus Mag Uidher I with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.666 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chackide. The average income tax rate is 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.
Abortions are routinely performed in Ratmo's hospitals, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, guns are banned, and marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratmo's national animal is the Red lava Rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Ferretism, and its currency is the Ciano.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 5 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 21 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 46 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 47 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 51 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- 56 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 57 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 60 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 69 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.