“Táimid ar fad faoi fhrancach!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Gerbil States of Ratmo is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Pharaoh Cían Seamus Mag Uidhir I with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.783 billion, 3.433 billion of whom are zombies, Ratmonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chackide. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology industries.
Tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratmo's national animal is the Red Lava Rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Ferretism, and its currency is the Ciano.
Ratmo is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 8.46%
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 11 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 14 days ago: Ratmo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 23 days ago: Ratmo was refounded in Osiris.
- 69 days ago: Ratmo ceased to exist.
- 97 days ago: Ratmo changed its national demonym to "Ratmonian".
- 103 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 111 days ago: Ratmo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.