The Althing of Ratateague is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.578 billion Ratatekkers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holtmímir. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ratatasque economy, worth a remarkable 3,573 trillion labor credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an amazing 284,089 labor credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ratateague's radio stations, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, and the government now pays the "Really Awesome Super Heroes" (RASH) to catch evildoers. Crime is totally unknown. Ratateague's national animal is the flying squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ratateague was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Highest Economic Output, the Top 5% for Largest Populations, and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ratateague, the government now pays the "Really Awesome Super Heroes" (RASH) to catch evildoers.
- : Following new legislation in Ratateague, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Ratateague, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Ratateague, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ratateague's radio stations.
- : Ratateague was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Ratateague was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Ratateague lodged a message on the Democratic Socialist Assembly Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ratateague, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Ratateague, Holtmímir's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Basiliania, Guertonia, Democratic France, Freelibreland, Corujea, Xingal, Borqian Defence, Gervase, Kandorith, Olofbauden, Altruistic Paladins, Kamsky-Ordon, Laevendell, Lemur Isles, Bourboncois, Bananaistan, Koalarabia, Herrebrugh to the World Assembly, Celle Franca, and Luziadas.