Regional Influence: Hermit
The Queen's State of Rae is a massive, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-working, intelligent population of 4.988 billion Raeans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Commerce, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A robust private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Woodchip Exports.
Rae's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the tenet of free speech is held dear, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Rae's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 26 days ago: Rae changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 26 days ago: Rae altered its national flag.
- 44 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 63 days ago: Rae changed its national nation type to "State".
- 73 days ago: Rae agreed to construct embassies between Rae and Carolina.
- 103 days ago: Rae aborted construction of embassies between Rae and The Illuminati.
- 103 days ago: Rae agreed to construct embassies between Rae and The Illuminati.
- 107 days ago: Rae withdrew a request for embassies between Rae and Western District.
- 107 days ago: Rae established the regional flag of Rae.
- 108 days ago: Rae proposed constructing embassies between Rae and Republica Federativa do Brasil.