Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Bettering Nations for the Greater Good
The Protectorate of Rae is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 3.242 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Commerce, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A robust private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Woodchip Exports.
Rae's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the tenet of free speech is held dear, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Rae's national animal is the white stallion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the crown royal gold.
Most Recent Government Activity: 56 days ago
- 7 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 29 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 34 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 36 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 42 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 43 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 56 days ago: Rae fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 56 days ago: Rae relocated from Western Samoa to Bettering Nations for the Greater Good.
- 60 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 62 days ago: Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.