The Queen's State of Rae is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 9.758 billion Raeans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.5%.
The powerhouse Raean economy, worth 491 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. Average income is 50,341 betales, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 287,850 per year while the poor average 4,257, a ratio of 67.6 to 1.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and Rae has designated Capital Heights as its capital city. Crime is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Rae's national animal is the deer.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rae changed its national capital to "Capital Heights".
- : Following new legislation in Rae, Rae has designated Capital Heights as its capital city.
- : Rae was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Rae relocated from Richard to Ancient Lands.
- : Rae relocated from Brazzaville to Richard.