The Glorious nation of Radovia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme chancellor Zyggy with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.66 billion Radovians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Radovia Major. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Radovian economy, worth a remarkable 3,263 trillion creds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 279,921 creds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,080,750 per year while the poor average 11,141, a ratio of 186 to 1.
Citizens are grown in vats, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', flogging is all the rage, and movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Radovia's national animal is the zygbird, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roachism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Radovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Radovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Radovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Radovia's influence in Optimates Novum rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Radovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Radovia, movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence.
- : Following new legislation in Radovia, flogging is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Radovia, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
- : Following new legislation in Radovia, citizens are grown in vats.
- : Radovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.