“In re publica fiduciam”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The The Democratic Union of Rackenshan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President James Black with an even hand, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.777 billion Rackenshanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rackenshan City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Rackenshan's national animal is the The Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Racken Mythology, and its currency is the Gold Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 6 days ago: Rackenshan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 7 days ago: Rackenshan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 9 days ago: Rackenshan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 13 days ago: Rackenshan was refounded in Osiris.
- 48 days ago: Rackenshan ceased to exist.
- 55 days ago: Rackenshan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 67 days ago: Rackenshan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 92 days ago: Rackenshan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 93 days ago: Rackenshan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 99 days ago: Rackenshan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).